Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Voyager by Diana Gabaldon


I finished Voyager on Friday, and I of course liked it. I understand why some people were not as impressed with it as the previous books. It was a good story that flowed well, and I didn't get bored of the story at any point. The difference I think was that there was nothing pulling you towards the end of the story. In the last book there were questions that drove the reader to continue on, this time Claire and Jamie are together and there is really no fear of them getting split up. 

The search for someone who gets taken, is what drives the story forward. Jamie and Claire travel across the ocean after a ship, and this seems to be where the majority of the story took place. Personally I got a little tired of them being on a boat so much. And as much as I like Jamie he really has to stop chasing after Claire every time she leaves his eye sight. You think he would know by now that she can take care of herself pretty well. The return of an old character is the most interesting thing that happens in the book. It opens some new questions about their family that I hope are addressed in the next book. If it wasn't for this one piece of information I may not be as inclined to continue with the series. I could see the story easily ending at the end of this book.

If I gave Dragonfly in Amber a 5 star rating then this book would get a slightly less rating of 4 stars. A good story but not nearly as exciting as the previous two.


1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

I've only read this series up to this book and it drove me to distraction. Glad you enjoyed it better than I did. I decided after reading this one that I needed to take a break and read something else and come back to the series later. I do agree that the previous two books were a lot better than this one.

Kimberlee
http://girllostinabook.blogspot.com